From: "Groppe, Maureen"
Date: November 24, 2022 at 12:52:01 PM EST
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Out-of-town pool report #9 - readout of calls to military, more details on firehouse stop
Passing along the following two items from the White House:
As the President discussed in his interview during the Macys Thanksgiving Day Parade, this afternoon he and the First Lady called units from each branch of our military, stationed around the world, to thank them and their families for their service to the country.
* Army 10th Special Forces Group under Colonel Luke VanAntwerp - Europe
* Sailors on the U.S.S. Paul Ignatius under Commander Aaron S. Arky - At sea
* Marine Corps Combat Logistics Battalion 6 under Lieutenant Colonel Emmaline (Emmy) J. Hill - Europe
* Air Force 509th Munitions Squadron Major Michael Hillier - Whiteman Air Force Base
* Space Force 16th Expeditionary Electromagnetic Warfare Flight under Charlie Captain Dan Sutton - Europe
* Coast Guard Port Security Unit 305 under Commander James Lovenstein - Guantanamo Bay, Cuba
Chief Michael Cranson gave the President several Local 2509 hats as the pumpkin pies were being delivered, one of which the President put on.
Captain Nate Barber, who was Nantucket Magazine named their person of the year for 2022 (), was also present and signed one of the caps, telling the team that the visit was very special. Captain Barber was named person of the year after saving two people from a burning building while off-duty ().
Sent from my iPhone
White House Correspondent
[EMAIL ADDRESS] (mailto:[EMAIL ADDRESS])